HKSARG's Celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the Reform and Opening Up of the Country: 'Joint Development ‧ Shared Prosperity' Exhibition
12/12/2018 - 28/1/2019
This year, we celebrate the 40th anniversary of the reform and opening up of the country. With great pride, we can see that Hong Kong has walked step-by-step with the Mainland over these past four decades in a journey of "Joint Development and Shared Prosperity". On this journey, Hong Kong has been both a contributor and a beneficiary.
Since the launch of the reform and opening up process in 1978, the country has reached new milestones to become the world's second-largest economy.
Through it all, Hong Kong has played an ongoing role in the reform, opening up and modernisation of our country. While we have made historic contributions to national progress, our economy has also reaped great benefits in return. It is truly a win-win relationship arising from the active collaboration between our country and Hong Kong over 40 years of impressive national economic progress. Further reform and opening up of the country will surely provide even more opportunities to Hong Kong.
This exhibition uses multimedia technologies to showcase Hong Kong's participation in, contributions to and benefits from our country's opening up and reform – as well as the opportunities for further development. Apart from exhibits, there are themed display zones on sports and cultural development. Visitors can also view a naked-eye 3D video, take part in an interactive game and get a souvenir on-site photo. We welcome one and all to visit our exhibition. Enjoy!
• Giant 10-metre-long video wall: displaying four key milestones in the reform and opening up of the country simultaneously
• Film/TV zone: highlights from 10 Mainland-Hong Kong film co-productions and 12 Hong Kong TV dramas which were well-received by Mainland audiences
• Music zone: tunes from the Top Ten Chinese Gold Songs Award and musicians whose works have resonated with listeners during different periods over the past 40 years
• 3D digital display: A naked-eye 3D video to showcase Hong Kong's strengths, advantages and opportunities under "one country, two systems"
• 60 artefacts bearing significant meaning in the reform and opening up
• Hologram: showcasing five completed and upcoming major infrastructure projects
• Interactive equestrian jumping game
• Photo zone: add your image to mocked-up newspapers or magazines published over the past 40 years. Receive a copy of the photo by email and have fun sharing away through social media
• Economic infographics: appealing infographics showing economic development of Hong Kong and the Mainland over the 40 years
| || |
A naked-eye 3D video display (back) and hologram (front)
| || |
Giant 10-metre-long video wall: displaying four key milestones in the reform and opening up of the country simultaneously
| || |
Interactive equestrian jumping game
| || |
| || |
| || |
Some 60 artefacts in six categories bearing significant meaning in the reform and opening up are displayed
12/12/2018 – 28/1/2019
1/F Main Lobby, Hong Kong Museum of History
Information Services Department
Hong Kong Museum of History