Home
Facebook icon
 
 
Logo of Hong Kong Museum of History
 

Lobby Exhibition

 

Introduction

Roving Exhibition – 15th Anniversary of Civil Engineering and Development Department and 90th Anniversary of its Port Works Division

20/3 - 22/4/2019

This year marks the 15th anniversary of the Civil Engineering and Development Department (CEDD) which was established in 2004 through amalgamation of the Civil Engineering Department (CED) and the Territory Development Department (TDD).The history of its Port Works Division which was responsible for providing port and marine services can be traced back to 1929.     CEDD's four major areas of services cover provision of land and infrastructure, port and marine services, geotechnical services, and environment and sustainability services.  CEDD strives to integrate environmental protection elements and innovative technology with various engineering projects, and is committed to provide high quality civil engineering services to meet Hong Kong's development needs.

As a celebration of the significant milestones of the 15th anniversary of the CEDD and the 90th anniversary of its Port Works Division, CEDD has organised a thematic roving exhibition.  Through texts, videos and precious old photos, it offers the opportunities for citizens to review the history and development of CEDD and its Port Works Division, and to understand Department's future development, including promulgation of "Lantau Tomorrow Vision", tasks in combating climate change, etc.

Shatin New Town

Shatin New Town

Panoramic view of the City of Victoria at the end of the nineteenth century
(Source: Challenges for an Evolving City)

Reclaiming the existing Yau Ma Tei Typhoon Shelter was part of the West Kowloon Reclamation project
(Source: Challenges for an Evolving City)

Penny's Bay Reclamation Works were mostly completed by 2004
(Source: Challenges for an Evolving City)

Pamphlets of "Lantau Tomorrow Vision"

20/3 – 22/4/2019

Free Admission

Venue
1/F Main Lobby, Hong Kong Museum of History

Organised by
Civil Engineering and Development Department

Supported by
Hong Kong Museum of History