Vision, Mission & Values
We aim to be an active platform that engages the public with the stories of our city, our country, and the world as a whole. By inspiring the public to go farther and deeper into culture and history, we aim to stimulate audiences to look beyond our own history and to better appreciate the experiences of others.
- To be an open platform accessible to all so that everyone can learn, share and enjoy.
- To collect, preserve, research, interpret and exhibit collections related to the history of Hong Kong and South China.
- To engage our audiences with the unique stories of Hong Kong.
- To stimulate our audiences to explore the history of China and the rest of the world.
- To communicate with our audiences in ways that go beyond simply presenting historical facts, offering inspiration through diverse curatorial approaches and exciting programmes.
- Focus on people